My grandpa's air vents had mold and mildew

We grew up living next door to our grandparents.

After grandma had an accident, my parents had insisted they move closer. That way, we could all take care of them. We enjoyed having them around, and life was fun. We grew up and left to find our paths. But, we always came back home to visit our parents and grandparents. Last spring, mom called to tell me my grandpa wasn’t feeling well. He had a nasty cough and was wheezing a lot. I went home and wondered if the AC in their house was the issue. No one had serviced the air conditioning system in a while, and I knew it could affect someone’s health. The next day, I phoned an HVAC company near us to come and take a look. An hour later, an AC technician arrived at my grandparent’s home, ready to take a look. He would check the indoor and outdoor AC plus also tackle the air vents. True to my thoughts, the air conditioner was the source of the problem. The HVAC expert informed me that it was covered with mold and mildew. When turned on, it would spew spores all over the house, which my grandparents inhaled. That was why my grandfather was coughing and having trouble breathing. We discussed the HVAC servicing costs since I wanted him to also check the air conditioner on our house next door. I couldn’t believe the amount of junk that was coming from the home air ventilation system. It was better to pay for an aircon maintenance plan and have the systems serviced twice a year. Once we did that, there would be fewer incidences of ACs making those I loved sick. When the HVAC mechanic was done, there was a huge difference in air quality, and my grandpa got better.

Air conditioner service